SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

TMZ reporting the passing of Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics Fan Forum' started by XLIX, Jan 26, 2020.

1. aluminum seats

aluminum seats Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +9,267
    There is a time for everything, and in the face of someone’s passing there can be value in silence.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  2. Bobsyouruncle

Bobsyouruncle Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +8,237
    Celebrities are similar to acquaintances. We sort of know them, who they are, what their personalities are like. It’s like your mailman or something. Someone you kind of know. Celebrity simulates that connection. I expect that’s normal. It’s harder to feel connected to someone you know nothing about.
    I’m just saying I don’t think it’s really weird people feel some connection.

It is a bit odd to be really emotional about it though.

3. farn

farn Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +11,544
    There isn't silence : there is a thread of glorification of this individual on a football site. There is loud, positive noise about this individual. Earlier, a poster said he hoped I didn't have children. I will spin it this way : I very very much hope that NONE of you have children who were attacked by someone, espeically by a rich powerful celeb.

4. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,054
    The whole thing is horrible, but the worst I felt was when I saw that picture of the beautiful Altobelli family, which went from a mother, father and three kids to one son and one daughter.

I think that the pilot should never have tried to fly a chopper in that heavy fog. I'm no expert, but I'd be willing to bet that most choppers in the area were probably grounded that day. I wonder if he felt pressure to get everyone to the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Drewski

Drewski GVoR

Ratings:
    +2,739
    I agree. As I said above the two locales look completely different and the story from air traffic control makes it sound like it flew into the hill rather than the video I saw that had the tail rotor fall off leading to the accident.

Further there’s a photo of Kobe walking to the helicopter that they were in (from an earlier date) and it’s a completely different color than the one in the video floating around.

I’m not saying there isn’t a video; phones and cameras are everywhere now. But...

6. farn

farn Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +11,544
    I don’t care how I’m remembered when I die. I’ll be dead.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,936
    well stated, I think sometimes the angry mob too hastily goes seeking blood and want extremely harsh punishments for any mishap people find themselves in

her story to me seems believable, albeit still a big screw up on air... but not one that should ruin her career

the first part knicks followed by second syllable of Lakers is pronounced Knick-kers, so I don’t think her explanation is crazy off base or anything

Quite a slip up tho

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. primetime

primetime PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16,118
    This stuff does make me worry about the deleterious effect of the internet on our mental health, getting worked up about stuff that doesn't matter (see: anything on this board) to the exclusion of real life. Usually when I get into these moods I go on self-imposed exile from social media, so this may be my last post for a while. Not like anything's happening in Patriots land for a good month plus anyways.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JarOfMayo51

Ratings:
    +6,936
    Yea choppers got down a lot, even military choppers doing routine flight paths go down quite often

story still gets me, imagining them in that helicopter when they came to the realization of what was happening.. choppers don’t crash gracefully, it’s got to be absolutely terrifying in the moment, especially with one of your children on board.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JarOfMayo51

Ratings:
    +6,936
    I have this conversation with my father in law sometimes... despite what you feel about someone, there is a time and place...

Respect the dead and the people that are moarning. Don’t talk negatively about someone shortly after their passing.

he’s the type that would hear someone he worked with for 20 years died and his first comment would be “that guy was a lazy a-hole” or something else negative. That is not where your mind should be when someone passes, unless they’re Hitler. It’s bad karma imo and completely tactless.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CISGS

CISGS Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,113
    100% this.

The effort and emotion that we as fans can put into "hating" other teams and athletes is misplaced and inaccurate (at least, i hope for most it is). LeBron went to high school about 45 miles from where I grew up and we have no pro basketball in our area. I've always rooted for him because of his story and thus, had treated Kobe like a rival - similar to how many have treated Peyton Manning.

The news of Kobe's passing transcends sports and is devastating to me. It puts all of this stupid **** that we talk and spout off about people into perspective. Not advocating for anyone else to, but I for one, will cheer differently for the sport's teams and athletes that I love and remove the hateful rhetoric for those that I do not.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ras-IR Dowling

Ras-IR Dowling Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +9,425
    If the reports are accurate of the aircraft falling 800 ft at 180mph it would’ve been an absolutely terrifying few seconds before impact.

• Sad Sad x 2
  13. letekro

letekro Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,842
    Why do you assume that he attacked somebody? Something about you makes you want to believe one person over another in the absence of evidence. Why do you suppose that is? That he was accused and settled out of court will always mar his legacy, but to assume that the thing happened just the way the State alleged it is ridiculous and wrong.

14. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,916
    According to an article i just read other choppers in the area were grounded in that area due to fog. Just a horrible decision to fly by whoever made it

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,828
    The coverage of this is over the top. Good Morning America spent about 2/3 of the hour covering this and 30 seconds on the Chinese virus that might kill us all and that the mayor at the center of it didn't take appropriate steps because he was waiting for approval from Beijing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +36,457
    Wow, sounds like a disease virus version of Chernobyl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +21,624
    Has there been a more shocking death in the sports world since Roberto Clemente? Maybe Len Bias?

18. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,828
    Reading now that "Chinese officials waited a month to inform the world of the outbreak". The first cases were in early December. F#$%@ing autocrats. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dennis DiMaria

Dennis DiMaria Rookie

Ratings:
    +59
    What did Tanguay tweet?

20. 203Pat

203Pat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,213
    I avoided this thread because I assumed it would turn out the way it did. I should’ve stuck to it.

• Agree Agree x 2