Next Up: vs 49ers
Pick Results: SF: 27.7% at NE: 72.3%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Kenneth Sims

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Captain, I really respect your opinions and evaluations, but, seriously, you think they should have used a 2nd round pick on a swing tackle or even a starting RT? It’s a right tackle. The Pats won SBs with Greg Robinson-Randall and Tom Ashworth playing the position. After losing Van Noy, Collins and Roberts, taking a LB there was the right choice. Whether they chose the right LB, well, we’ll find out.

RT will not be what holds them back from having a successful season. Personally, I think Eluemunor will take to the position having been moved all over the line just like Cannon did before he settled in to become a pretty good RT. If he doesn’t and Cunningham or Cajuste can’t do the job, you bring back Waddle or Newhouse.

Frankly, backup C is a bigger problem.

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
Captain, I really respect your opinions and evaluations, but, seriously, you think they should have used a 2nd round pick on a swing tackle or even a starting RT? It’s a right tackle. The Pats won SBs with Greg Robinson-Randall and Tom Ashworth playing the position. After losing Van Noy, Collins and Roberts, taking a LB there was the right choice. Whether they chose the right LB, well, we’ll find out.

RT will not be what holds them back from having a successful season. Personally, I think Eluemunor will take to the position having been moved all over the line just like Cannon did before he settled in to become a pretty good RT. If he doesn’t and Cunningham or Cajuste can’t do the job, you bring back Waddle or Newhouse.

Frankly, backup C is a bigger problem.
What made Jones attractive to me at 71 or even as early as 60 was 1: he was considered by multiple sites to be a late-mid/late 1st-round talent, so he was one of if not the BPA regardless of position (with OLB Zach Baun & Big Nickel Jeremy Chinn) anyway; and 2: he has Starting-caliber potential at LT as well as at RT, so he would've Immediately become our top Swing Tackle as well as the top candidate at RT should Cachoo have yet another ouchie-boo-boo or just plain sucks. Heck, the dude possibly has FOUR-position starting-caliber versatility...

I also hope that ElManure is given a legit chance at the starting RT job...I mean Bill swapped 4th- & 6th-rounders for him; that's Martellus Bennett-level value there...Waddle/Newhouse would always be a welcome addition too...
...And I realize the dire need we faced (and still do) at DE/LB/Safety/TE this off-season, but I still feel that taking advantage of a legit 1st-round talent still available at another position of need during the late 2nd/early 3rd round, in between picks spent on defense, would not have been a bad way to go...I agree that backup Center is still an issue here after Mongo's departure, but I'm willing to give Frodo a chance there with the option of adding somebody like Justin Britt, Ryan Khalil, Daniel Kilgore or old friend Ted Larsen as insurance later...

Brandon_Cox

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
When Shaq was in the draft, he was universally projected as a Center due to his body type. Bill of course had other ideas. I wonder if they'd start using him as a backup or emergency Center. Here's Scar working him out as a Center at GT's pro day.

captain stone

Hall of Fame Poster
When Shaq was in the draft, he was universally projected as a Center due to his body type. Bill of course had other ideas. I wonder if they'd start using him as a backup or emergency Center. Here's Scar working him out as a Center at GT's pro day.

Yep I remember that too...still think he would've made a better Center (Pro Bowl-caliber even) than Guard...He was a disaster at LG his rookie season, and his pass-blocking at RG still sucks.

p8ryts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Unproven depth, yes, but they at least have two players (Froholdt, Gauthier) who spent time last season learning from Scar.
Still nervous about Froholdt's penchant for holding in his brief appearances last year. Interested to see what Gauthier brings to C position as I liked him at tackle last pre season