Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Raiders
Pick Results: LAS: 2.2% at NE: 97.8%
Sun
Sep 27th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

sambam94

In the Starting Line-Up
simple question...with so few high paid superstars on offense, why is there such a lack of talent on defense?
Where is the money going?

KDPpatsfan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Hightower and Gilmore. For the record I didn’t want either one...not because of price, but because of cost/talent ratio. And Hightower is always hurt so I felt that contract was risky

ChrisR2223

Pro Bowl Player
Hightower and Gilmore. For the record I didn’t want either one...not because of price, but because of cost/talent ratio. And Hightower is always hurt so I felt that contract was risky
Agree about Hightower Gilmore is a stud.
If we resign Lewis and Solder the draft needs to be 90 percent defense.

long distance

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
simple question...with so few high paid superstars on offense, why is there such a lack of talent on defense?
Where is the money going?

Plenty of threads here on the subject. You just have to really be interested and it will not be too hard to understand. Following patscap Miguel closely could do the trick as well..

But for starters, this year's team has close to 25M cap on IR .. and their unplanned replacements took close to 10M (if you include Harris) .. and there's close to 10M on inactive list among Gillislee and Branch alone who couldn't bounce back from their multiple injuries starting in offseason and carrying to the end of the season.

With some 30% of the salary cap attached to inactive players and last minute replacements BB, Nick & co did an amazing job IMO in keeping this roster competitive to the very last snap of this football season.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I thought BB handled well Hightowers situation, he didn't pay a dime more than what he dad in mind, and it was a good contract in terms of value. There was a risk though, about his injuries and missing games. But at that point you take the risk.

MY fear is that he is breaking down like Mayo.