SOURCE:metrowestdailynews.com

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Patriots 2020 Draft Class Grades

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by JerseyShore99, Apr 26, 2020.

1. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10,577
    Yeah this draft absolutely feckin Sucked...again...no doubt about it...But I was on board with the trade-back, because I felt it was important not to allow so much talent slip away without two picks within the first 86 instead of just one...

As it turned out - as it often does during that weekend - there was Plenty of good players available at both 37 & 71, although the WRs didn't fall to us the way I had hoped...

2. TB#1Fan

TB#1Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +9
    Maybe the Patriots should terminate Belichick and select you for their coach, considering your expertise.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Sad Sad x 1
  3. captain stone

Ratings:
    +10,577
    It wasn't Bill the HC to whom he was referring, Mrs Belichick...

4. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +518
    Notable omission in this year’s draft: a run-stuffing, two-gapping NT.

Leki Fotu, whom the Cardinals got early in the fourth. Easily within reach for us if Bill hadn’t done his repeated questionable move ups.

I felt that way last year with TE and Dawson Knox. He moved up to get the intriguing though slow Joejuan Williams.

So at _another_ obvious position of need Bill hasn’t delivered. Last year, TE; this year a Run Stuffer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +518
    Do I don’t know how anyone can give Bill higher than a C+. More like a C- by my book.

He had a chance to do so much more in this draft. Let it come to you, Bill.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. JerseyShore99

JerseyShore99 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +478
    Super curious how the DT group will look this year...I'd like Guy, Butler, Cowart, Murray...Allen is solid, but rather go cheaper and younger

Feel like BB values DT as he values RBs...fairly replaceable, I say this because of when he relied on Vellano and Jones and actually found some success

• Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 1
  7. JerseyShore99

JerseyShore99 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +478
    Feel like I say this to myself annually, I'll trust Belichick more than myself, although the last couple years we can make an argument

• Thank You Thank You x 1
  8. captain stone

Ratings:
    +10,577
    Yep...Each and Every One of those trade-ups were a Complete Feckin Waste of precious resources, especially for players likely to still be available at the original pre-trade-up position ... And what's worse, even if All of Uche, Assyassy & Keene were taken before 71, 98 & 100: so feckin what? There were BETTER prospects than ALL of them still available anyway - Zach Baun at 71, Adam Trautman at 98 and Harrison Bryant at 100, though I would've used #100 on Leki Fotu instead of on a second consectutive TE...Even the pick at #87, which wasn't moved, was used on a positionless plodder (who refused to perform at the combine, likely because he knew that his lack of top-100-caliber athleticism would've been exposed for all the world to see) who was taken TWO FULL ROUNDS before he should've been even considered...

And Little Billy Notgoat still had a chance to somewhat atone for by-passing Fotu when he could've used his 7th-rounder on Benito Jones...but noooooo; he chooses a feckin weak-ass, tryout-caliber midget Center instead...

Too bad that Little Nicky Caesar doesn't have the minerals to tell Mr Notgoat that he's fecking up yet another draft weekend...Unless he actually agrees with this sh!tshow... Don't know which is worse...

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  9. captain stone

Ratings:
    +10,577
    The only name in that group that can be even remotely relied-upon to try to stop the run is Guy, and that's not really his speciality; he's actually more of a natural 3-4 DE who has beefed-up over the years...Fat Thor just plain sucks, and the Comedian is a 280-lb, tryout-caliber, blocking-dummy-value DT...that is indeed Funny...except he's on our team...
    Joey Vellano sucked.

Last edited: May 19, 2020