Pick Results: SF: 37.8% at NE: 62.2%
Sun
Oct 25th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
You are free to say this forever. However, IMHO, Rowe played a fine game. The matchups were great, once Gilmore was moved. But, yes, I would think that Butler was a better #4 corner to bring in than Bademosi.
No. He. Did. Not

carmelo15

One thing is clear: Tom Brady is more responsible for this dynasty than BB. I am so dissapointed in Bill. Just absolutely crushing to see Butler crying. You know, seeing Butler like this hurts more than losing.

Ya man when they showed him crying after him not starting I was like **** something is up

chumpchange

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
BB said it wasn't disciplinary, so who knows. Before I call the best coach in the NFL a **** up, I'll wait until more info comes out. He has more info than any of us, I know some are pissed we lost but BB deserves the benefit of the doubt.

From the horse's mouth, according to Mike Reiss:
-"Just caught up with a very emotional Malcolm Butler, alongside Adam Schefter. "They gave up on me. F—. It is what it is," Butler told us."
-"More from an emotional Malcolm Butler as he walked to the team bus: "I don't know what it was. I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
-"Just caught up with a very emotional Malcolm Butler, alongside Adam Schefter. "They gave up on me. F—. It is what it is," Butler told us."
-"More from an emotional Malcolm Butler as he walked to the team bus: "I don't know what it was. I guess I wasn't playing good or they didn't feel comfortable. I don't know. But I could have changed that game."
That last part, that hurts like a brick.

Pats1989

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
You f'n kidding me? Did Pederson bench one of his starting corners for no apparent reason? Did Pederson ask a slow strong safety to cover a fast WR 1 on 1? Did Pederson play a DB who routinely sucks over a starter who is one of the best tacklers on the team? Did Pederson decide to start the game with his best tall CB not playing on the other teams great tall WR? And then wait way to long to make the switch?

Pederson showed a ton of guts which ended up making the difference in the game. Those 2 Philly 4th down conversions won them the game. The guys got a huge set.

Philly deserves it.

KDPpatsfan

Something in that warmup wasn’t right. I don’t buy for one second that Bill would bench a player for personal reasons or any such silliness. Right or wrong, they saw something from him in warmups which made them feel like he couldn’t help. We probably won’t know what for 20 years

LightSkinSmurf

In the Starting Line-Up
This benching is just odd. Especially for Belichick, watching his defense getting shredded all damn game, and having a viable move to make but not making it. This just seems like spiteful for reasons nobody will know. Bill made this personal. No other way to explain it

I could forgive keeping butler on the bench for some of the game because maybe you somehow thought it was the best move, fine..... But when you are getting lit up all game and you STILL don't put him in the game...............It's so hard for me to believe bill is that stupid and or spiteful. The fact butler was ready to come in and he was crying tells me he wasn't hurt or sick.

Mr.Bandwagon

Practice Squad Player
Wow.....

supafly

Suddenly sad and Brady-less
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
41 points given up and the tackling in the secondary was the biggest issue. Butler would have gone a long way in helping that and appeared to be healthy. I'm proud to call him my coach too, but he is not beyond reproach. The coaching in this game was horrific.
I don’t want to look like I’m piling on any doom and gloom overreaction posts (certainly not speaking towards your well reasoned thoughts), I do agree that there were some very questionable calls by the coaching staff and many times where they simply look unprepared on the defensive side of the ball.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
So, you think that Butler is a better choice than Rowe, and Belichick disagreed. Patricia disagreed.

Given the injuries and defensive personnel this year, Belichick and Patricia (and the other coaches) did an absolutely amazing job with the defense.

ALL that MOST of us hoped for was that the defense would be good enough to get us to the SB and give the GOAT an opportunity to win the game with more than 2 minutes left on the clock.

The defense needs lots and lots of help. HOWEVER, the offense did have the ball with over 2 minutes to go, and Philly made the play of the game, their one takeaway.

Belichick should not have benched Butler for this entire game. It is inexcusable for him to make a decision like that in the Super Bowl.

Belichick’s arrogance and stupidity cost us this game. Brady was unable to cover up Belichick’s mistake today as he has so many times in the past 20 years.

I’m whole heartedly disappointed in Belichick and him putting his need to send a message to a player who has helped him win 2 previous Super Bowls over the success of the team. There is nobody that can say we were better off with Rowe, Richards, etc. on the field.

Observer

In the Starting Line-Up
It sends one hell of a message, though. "I benched this guy because of what he did, and the defense sucked, and I kept him benched, and we lost. If you want to play, and you want to win, you better keep your **** together because your ass WILL remain benched even if it costs us all a ring."
Yeah, keep sending messages while the opponents keep winning Lombardis. That’s the ticket.

Drewwho

Something is up here obviously. All through the game while watching our defense all I could think of was they can't let this happen, they have to let Butler play! It was like they were setting themselves up for this type of discussion/uproar not only on this board but throughout the media and honestly, we and the media have every right to be angry, confused and wondering what happened. I do agree we need the dust to settle but the man was dressed - why dress him, why wasn't he on the field!? Rowe sucked in the 1st half was ok in the 2nd. Butler disappointing season but is much better than what they put out there tonight!!!

Also, what we're not really talking about here is how does this decision affect the rest of the defense? Because it look like they were out of sync for the entire game and had a little emotion. They were slow and they were flat. It's was the KC game all over again!

Listen, I've always been more of a Brady guy I've never been the biggest fan of BB and his style. Is he a great coach? Honestly I'm not sure if he's "great", a genius or the GOAT coach... what I do know is He's a man who hit the lottery in drafting the greatest quarterback / player of all time in the sixth round!

He's a losing HC w/o Brady and 19-19 as Pats HC in games w/o Brady. So yah, it's much more about Brady than BB. For me that's how I have always felt!

Status
Not open for further replies.