Sun
Nov 29th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
My thoughts on the @Bills game:

a.) The Chiefs ran all over them...but that was because they respected the Chiefs' high octane passing game. We will be seeing 7-8 in the box all day.

b.) Not worried about their passing offense and I seriously believe we have a better run D than we showed on Sunday...that had to be the WORST run D I ever saw....maybe even rivaling the Steve Martin days circa 2002....

c.) McD better pull something out of his arse for this one. Just MOVE the chains, baby!

d.) I wonder about McDermott's Cam Newton knowledge....could be a problem......but then again, Cam has sucked it up so badly....that it might not matter.

e.) THIS IS A MUST WIN. PERIOD.FULL.STOP.
Point e...agree...a must must must win...

italian pat patriot

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Yes, it's a must win, but it's not going to happen.

This is probably the game when all of the Patriots fandom finally come crashing back down to reality and truly realize that we're just a middle-of-the-pack team now.

We had 20 great years, but the dynasty is over.
Let s celebrate the funeral next sunday
Not before...
It depends wich Patriot team will be' on the field...the first weeks we were good the last ones we were horrible...
Who knows...

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
IF the Patriots can turn it around it needs to be now. They can beat Buffalo twice to even up their losses and essentially own the tie breaker, and Buffalo IMO has a tougher remaining schedule. The division is still within reach, they still control their own destiny, but it has to start this week.

PATSYLICIOUS

Pro Bowl Player
IF the Patriots can turn it around it needs to be now. They can beat Buffalo twice to even up their losses and essentially own the tie breaker, and Buffalo IMO has a tougher remaining schedule. The division is still within reach, they still control their own destiny, but it has to start this week.

correct, Buffalo has the definite tougher schedule left imo. Other than the common tough opponents left;

bills- Pittsburgh, Seattle, san fran
Us- Baltimore, la rams

If we are able to take both buffalo games we are in decent shape for the division. Huge if though absolutely.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
We have a tough D coming up this week. Call me crazy, but I still believe it's a winnable game, even despite the past few weeks. But it would have to be a near flawless effort. Cam has to have a bounceback effort this week. He needs to start seeing the whole field. Jules, even with that bum knee, has to ball. They have to find a way to get the ball to White. I think Burkhead should be featured as well. Unfortunately, I don't even care if Harry dresses and look for nothing there.

Defensively, I'm not worried about the secondary obviously. But if the Bill's go run heavy, which they should if they're smart, it'll be a long day. BB has composed a team that's very light up front the past few seasons and they can be pushed around. Add to that the departure of High, and it leaves a big hole right in the middle. I would imagine we see a lot of zone because of Allen's ability to run. So the rushers have to affect him while still remaining disciplined in their lanes. I remember Trey Flowers and Rob Ninko excelled at that. Can Simon, Winovich and the rest do it? That's going to be key.

Will the coaching be better this game?

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
We have a tough D coming up this week. Call me crazy, but I still believe it's a winnable game, even despite the past few weeks. But it would have to be a near flawless effort. Cam has to have a bounceback effort this week. He needs to start seeing the whole field. Jules, even with that bum knee, has to ball. They have to find a way to get the ball to White. I think Burkhead should be featured as well. Unfortunately, I don't even care if Harry dresses and look for nothing there.

Defensively, I'm not worried about the secondary obviously. But if the Bill's go run heavy, which they should if they're smart, it'll be a long day. BB has composed a team that's very light up front the past few seasons and they can be pushed around. Add to that the departure of High, and it leaves a big hole right in the middle. I would imagine we see a lot of zone because of Allen's ability to run. So the rushers have to affect him while still remaining disciplined in their lanes. I remember Trey Flowers and Rob Ninko excelled at that. Can Simon, Winovich and the rest do it? That's going to be key.

Will the coaching be better this game?

The biggest thing, IMO, is that with Brady gone, the Patriots mystique is gone, consequently the Bills are not going to choke like the Bills of old.

For the first time in around 250 years, they're on top of the division. They're not in our shadow anymore, and they smell blood right now. They know if they put us away in this game, the division is pretty much in their hands.

So if anyone thinks McDermott isn't going to have that team coming here foaming at the mouth and thirsting for blood, they're sadly mistaken. This is the playoffs for them.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
The biggest thing, IMO, is that with Brady gone, the Patriots mystique is gone, consequently the Bills are not going to choke like the Bills of old.

For the first time in around 250 years, they're on top of the division. They're not in our shadow anymore, and they smell blood right now. They know if they put us away in this game, the division is pretty much in their hands.

So if anyone thinks McDermott isn't going to have that team coming here foaming at the mouth and thirsting for blood, they're sadly mistaken. This is the playoffs for them.
I'm certainly not negating your post... but it really is just a football game still. If the Pat's come in prepared and play well, they should be in good position to win despite all the background noise. They're still in position to right the ship and I expect a BB-coached team to come out with something to prove as well. With that said, the season is over if they lose.

JayNM

In the Starting Line-Up
My thoughts on the @Bills game:

b.) Not worried about their passing offense and I seriously believe we have a better run D than we showed on Sunday...that had to be the WORST run D I ever saw....maybe even rivaling the Steve Martin days circa 2002....
I couldnt see the whole game, but the 49rs RB game is absolutely fantastic

They are the only team that can make any outside run a home run threat

not only theyve got a good OL (and with good backups, appearently), but they also have the best TE and one if not the best FB

They are damn good team and Garoppolo is a lucky bastard

amfootball

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I just don't know how we score. We are not scoring at all. I do think the Bills are vulnerable but we can't look anything like we did with the niners. Have to come out with some fire and be on point all game.

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
I'm certainly not negating your post... but it really is just a football game still. If the Pat's come in prepared and play well, they should be in good position to win despite all the background noise. They're still in position to right the ship and I expect a BB-coached team to come out with something to prove as well. With that said, the season is over if they lose.

Understood.

However, the above quoted in bold, is what the Bills are very aware of.

McDermott probably has that pasted everywhere at the Bills facility.

sb1

Pro Bowl Player
I couldnt see the whole game, but the 49rs RB game is absolutely fantastic

They are the only team that can make any outside run a home run threat

not only theyve got a good OL (and with good backups, appearently), but they also have the best TE and one if not the best FB

They are damn good team and Garoppolo is a lucky bastard
Yeah. JG is in a good spot to win the Super Bowl if the ref doesn't call a ticky tack OPI on Kittle before the half.

JayNM

In the Starting Line-Up
Yeah. JG is in a good spot to win the Super Bowl if the ref doesn't call a ticky tack OPI on Kittle before the half.
Pretty sure they need to win at least 3 SB in 7 years bf the league turns on them, but you never know right

Reactions: sb1

Sciz

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The Bills promoted a practice squad CB for his first ever game, and then had him start and play every snap. It would be a bit of a concern if the Patriots can't take advantage of that any more than the Jets did.

Status
Not open for further replies.