Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by reamer, Sep 2, 2019.
I know.....aren't they hot?
deepest and best aren't the same thing
PFN Mock Draft
43. Josh Jones, OT Houston
77. Malik Harrison, OLB Ohio State
83. Davon Hamilton, DT Ohio State
87. Ashtyn Davis, S Cal
98. Lloyd Cushenberry, C LSU
100. Van Jefferson, WR Florida
125. Darrell Taylor, OLB Tennessee
139. Thaddeus Moss, TE LSU
163. Dalton Keene, TE VA Tech
172. Anthony Gordon, QB Washington State
204. Rodrigo Blankenship, K Georgia
212. Bravvion Roy, DT Baylor
213. Markus Bailey, OLB Purdue
230. Brian Herrien, RB Georgia
I won't come out of tonight disappointed, because talent is talent, but I would "not be thrilled" with Davidson...We could do better at 23
Please don't take the Lord's name in vane
Let me just take out Ffrench now that we lost a 7th and hope we grab him as a UDFA, also let me grab Biadasz in the 4th with the Tampa pick and Blankenship in 5 now
I am a huge fan of highsmith. After a red shirt year, he might become everything that injuries prevented rivers from becoming in our defense.
love the feaster speed! Not sure he never became a star in college!
Just finished my last non-trade mock from Fanspeak using their own On the Clock composite board, with User-voted team needs & Difficult algorithm:
WR BRANDON AIYUK ARIZONA STATE
- Won't be there at #87, and he has exactly what we need at WR...And if you think about it, this might also be the only way to salvage his ASU teammate Kneal, Harry's career...
C/G MATT HENNESSY TEMPLE
- Best OLman remaining, and they absolutely must have a viable replacement for not only Mongo but also Andrews should he have a setback or change of heart...and No neither Thanksdad nor Frodo count...
LB TROY DYE OREGON
- The cupboard is practically as barren here as those of the TEs & WRs are...Not my 1st or 2nd choice here, and the injury history is definitely a concern, but he's the best of the rest in this area of the draft...
TE HARRISON BRYANT FLORIDA ATLANTIC
- My #3 TE, and the first 2 are gone, so...
XB ANTONIO GIBSON MEMPHIS
EDGE TREVIS GIPSON TULSA
- I'll wait on DT for now, so instead I'll take the best remaining DE...
FS/CB REGGIE ROBINSON TULSA
- Now that the Day 2 Curse for DBs has passed, it's safe again to take one...Super athletic with size, Harmon replacement/SloJuan insurance...
DT KHALIL DAVIS NEBRASKA
- Best of the rest now that McTelvin Agim was taken a few picks earlier...Overall size for DT including short arms a definite concern, but he's both strong & explosive (30/30 bench/vertical), and we need the depth there...
OT TERENCE STEELE TEXAS TECH
- Best of the remaining OTs after Charlie Heck was taken 22 picks earlier...more insurance for RT with Cannon's deterioration and Cachoo's ouchies...
LB JUSTIN STRNAD WAKE FOREST
- More quality athletic depth for the LB room, glad he was available here...
Slot CB JAVARIS DAVIS AUBURN
- He was Johnny Jones' successor at Auburn...he might be his here too...
TE/HB CHARLIE TAUMOEPEAU PORTLAND STATE
- Might be able to do some of the things that the Late Prisoner once did...
Full draft here:
2020 NFL Mock Draft via Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator
I worry T Lewis will be injury prone. Pass at 23. Can’t go down that road again.
Its a little dramatic thinking a complementary WR is the only way to salvage Harry's career. He missed part of camp and the first 8 games of his rookie year. Any conclusions based on last year are premature.
I'm fine with Aiyuk later on, but I would not care for it at 23. If its a WR at 23, it better be Reagor IMO.
I present the dumbest Pats mock I've seen, from Reddit.
TRADE 1.23, 3.87, 2021 1[!], James White[!!] to CAR for 1.7
TRADE 1.7, 3.98, 2021 2[!!!], 2021 4[!!!!] for 1.3
1.3 Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
3.100 Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame
4.125 Jack Driscoll OT Auburn
TRADE 4.139 to LAC for CB Desmond King
TRADE 7.230, Jonathan Jones to DAL for S Xavier Woods[!!!!!]
5.172 David Woodward LB Utah State
5.176 Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia
TRADE 6.195, 6.212, 2021 7[!!!!!!] to LAR for 5.176
6.204 AJ Green CB Oklahoma State
6.213 Raequan Williams DT Michigan State
I worry about is health too, I think BB would maximize his skillset and turn him into a star, but who knows about his health
Saw him mocked in the early 100's this morning, so who knows...But God I saw him with 'Bama and knew BB would love having him
PFN have updated their mock draft simulation with the first round results and associated trades so happy mocking!
PFN Mock Draft Simulator
Good job with that first pick. You nailed the spot he went. I thought he'd be a mid-late second kind of guy.
SF's draft was a bit of a head scratcher for me
Made a lot of sense so to me, and they did well. Kinlaw slides in seamlessly for Buckner as a cheaper model, and they filled a need with a playmaking WR. I had a couple guys ahead of Aiyuk but many analysts had him in the 1st round of their final mocks.
Stunned they let Lamb fall right by them
Hopefully for them, these two guys pan out
Thanks, but I gotta admit that when the trade-back was announced, I began to hope that #37 would be used on Aiyuk...didn't think that he would be taken just 2 picks later either...
I understand that part but especially as a Patriot fan, I get valuing DT over WR. Thats why I thought they did fine.
Just finished this one...Didn't make any trades; I just wanted to make as many picks as possible, the earlier the better:
Josh Jones T/G Houston
- Our RTs are broken-down Cannon & damaged-goods Cachoo...'Nuff said...
Jeremy Chinn LB/S Southern Illinois
- Speed & athleticism at LB: what a concept...
Harrison Bryant TE FAU
- My #3 TE, and the first 2 are gone...
Van Jefferson WR Florida
- Professional WR, complements the others...
Davon Hamilton DT Ohio State
- Fat Thor feckin sucks.
Antonio Gibson XB Memphis
Trevis Gipson DE Tulsa
- Best DE available.
K'Von Wallace FS Clemson
- Won't last this far...
Dalton Keene TE VA Tech
- Part 2 of the double-dip.
Quez Watkins WR Southern Miss
- Speed at WR: another concept that has eluded our "brain trust" thus far...
Darryl Williams C/G Mississippi State
- Mongo replacement/Andrews backup.
Markus Bailey LB Purdue
- Part 2 of the (speedy/athletic) LB double-dip.
John Reid SlotCB Penn State
- He will never Ever last this long...
I can't remember a year when I agreed with you so closely @captain stone (other than a few of the safeties, haha).
Separate names with a comma.